Thursday, March 1, 2007

Live Locally, Work Globally

I had lunch (yum, bonito!) this afternoon with fellow CMP alum Rusty Weston, who is busy launching his new project, My Global Career. I was impressed, for a couple of reasons.

First, global employment is a hot topic these days, and one that Rusty is well qualified to address. (I should know, I helped him put together the Global Services Media site back at CMP.)

Millions of people now work in countries different than the ones they call home, and even more work for companies based outside their home country. This community desperately needs information and perspective developed just for them, and My Global Career is already starting to give it to them. In addition to the blog entries, check out the My Global Career 500 and my personal favorite, the World Business Holidays tool.

Just as important, I was impressed with how Rusty has created his site and his company - Third Set Media - so quickly and with such a limited investment. He's outsourced tasks to virtual contributors across the country and around the world.

Stay tuned, in the spirit of online log rolling I may be writing a piece for him soon based on my own personal taste of a global career...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fred - thanks very much for the raves! I think your site looks terrific and I wish you the best with your e-commerce expansion plans. Wait, was that supposed to be a secret?

    And I want to reassure your dear readers that we haven't entirely depleted the world's supply of Bonito. It's just that Lafayette has cornered the market. Cheers

    ReplyDelete